Continuing on with my list of some of the most amazing travel experiences I’ve had and would suggest you add to your bucket list.
In no particular order, my top 10 suggestions for your travel bucket list are:
- Kayaking and swimming in the bioluminescent bay in Vieques, Puerto Rico
- Seeing the millions of monarch butterflies in Michoacan, Mexico
- Desert safari off-roading, camel riding, and dinner show in Dubai, UAE
- The Grand Canyon in the USA
- Superman zip-lining in the cloud forests of Costa Rica
- Machu Picchu in Peru
- Ruins of the city of Ephesus in Turkey
- Helmet diving in the Caribbean
- Crossing the Andes
- Sailing from Colombia to Panama through the Sand Blas islands
Today’s post will be about the Zip-lining in Costa Rica’s cloud forest.
Zip-lining in Costa Rica is a pretty well-known activity for visitors to the Central American country, deservedly so. There are tons of options for you to take a zip-lining tour and you can do it as a single activity or combine it with other tours. Basically, you head up into the rainforest, get strapped into a harness, and fly through the canopy of the rainforest. Not only is it fun to whiz across the zip-line itself, but also you’ll get some great views of the rainforest from up above.
I did a post on this earlier in the Where in the World? blog, which you can check out here for a bit more detail on exactly what I did. You can also watch the video of it here:
One thing that’s important to note, however, is that you want to be sure to choose a tour that offers the “superman,” because this isn’t offered on all of the tours and it’s one of the coolest experiences. This is when you are strapped into a special harness that allows you to be on your stomach in a superman position as you zip through the canopy and it’s the closest thing to feeling like flying that I have ever experienced (though I have never sky-dived or used one of those flying suits, but this works for the fainter of heart).