Only 2 more weeks until the end of my list of suggestions for your travel bucket list. Of all of my adventures so far, these are the 10 things that stick out in my mind as the most memorable.
In no particular order, my top 10 suggestions for your travel bucket list are:
- Kayaking and swimming in the bioluminescent bay in Vieques, Puerto Rico
- Seeing the millions of monarch butterflies in Michoacan, Mexico
- Desert safari off-roading, camel riding, and dinner show in Dubai, UAE
- The Grand Canyon in the USA
- Superman zip-lining in the cloud forests of Costa Rica
- Machu Picchu in Peru
- Ruins of the city of Ephesus in Turkey
- Helmet diving in the Caribbean
- Crossing the Andes
- Sailing from Colombia to Panama through the Sand Blas islands
This week I’ll talk about Crossing the Andes.
When I traveled from Santiago, Chile to Buenos Aires, Argentina last year, I decided to make a pit stop in Mendoza to get a taste of the Argentinian wine country. Instead of flying, I wanted to experience the zig-zagging roads that connect the two countries through the Andes, and I am definitely glad I did. The bus crossing was by far more entertaining than my time actually spent in Mendoza.
For more info, check out the video I took of some of the journey (it definitely does not do it justice) and/or read my original post on the crossing.